Georgiy works as Forest Management and Chain of Custody Auditor for NEPCon in Ukraine.
After graduating from the Forestry Department of the Ukrainian Agricultural Academy in Kyiv, Georgiy started working in the Ukrainian Forestry Research Institute in Kharkiv, where he worked for more than 30 years. He participated as an expert or consultant in numerous projects centred on forest policy, legislative issues of forest management and nature conservation and promotion of sustainable forest management in Ukraine.
Georgiy has been working as a local expert with FSC certification and auditing in Ukraine since 2003.
He joined NEPCon in February 2015.
For me the most beautiful senses are the common sense and the sense of harmony. The perfect application of these senses for forest management is sustainability. So my favourite senses are pleased with my activities in NEPCon.
- MA in Forest Management
- PhD in Forest Ecology
- Participation in international projects devoted to SFM and forest certification
- Participation in the development of draft FSC National Standard and CWNRA for Ukraine
- Experience in preparing Ukrainian Forestry Enterprises for FSC certification
- Co-author of “Certification of Forestry Enterprise: Practical Manual” and “Recommendations of Forest Certification for Forestry Enterprises”
- Languages: Ukrainian, English and Russian