Katie Miller leads our development efforts for international project activities.
Katie is in charge of managing our development efforts for our growing project portfolio, which includes funding from foundations, the European Commission, DANIDA, DFID, and other government entities, as well as from participation in tenders.
With more than 17 years’ experience in the non-profit sector, including the last 13 years working in the area of environment and forest certification, Katie is well versed within the areas of fundraising and communications, as well as general non-profit organisation management.
Katie holds a MPA in Non-profit Management. She has also passed NEPCon's FSC lead auditor training course as well as NEPCon's expert courses in Carbon Footprint Management and LegalSource.
She joined NEPCon in 2010.
It is such a rewarding challenge to work with funders from around the globe to implement projects that meet their own environmental goals, while also achieving NEPCon’s mission of mainstreaming sustainability. At the same time, it is exciting to be able to use my general background in non-profit management to help NEPCon to develop our most important organisation resource - our people.
- Implementing HR functions across the organisation, including recruiting, staff development, and approaches to optimal organisational structure.
- Understanding donor landscapes in order to develop resources for planned projects
- Fundraising proposal development, including using a Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Networking and outreach to partners and donors
- Event facilitation and management
- With a MPA in Nonprofit Management, Katie is specialised to also work with the internal management of nonprofit organisations, such as strategic planning and working with the Board of Directors
- Languages: English and intermediate Danish