The NEPCon Risk Assessment Development & Consultation Procedure, sets out the process for conducting the stakeholder on consultation new or revised NEPCon Risk Assessments. The procedure says that:
- NEPCon will carry out comprehensive stakeholder consultation on all Risk Assessments (RA), unless public stakeholder consultation forms part of an external standard procedure, for example the development of FSC Controlled Wood Centralized National Risk Assessments.
- NEPCon will publicly consult on the RA to ensure the RA’s relevance to national/regional conditions and to allow stakeholders to contribute to the RA process.
- NEPCon will ensure that a range of stakeholders are invited to participate.
- NEPCon will ensure that participation in the consultation process:
- is open to all stakeholders; and
- aims to achieve a balance of interests in the subject matter and in the geographic scope to which the standard applies.
- NEPCon will maintain an accurate record of all stakeholder consultation, that will be compiled into a report that will be published on the NEPCon Sourcing Hub.
- The period during which stakeholders can submit comments on the draft of the RA will be at least sixty (60) days. The stakeholder consultation period may be longer if it is deemed necessary by NEPCon.