Christian is a leading expert on timber legality and due diligence for legal timber sourcing. Drawing on more than 10 years of international experience, he is leading NEPCon’s efforts to provide business solutions for responsible sourcing and supply chain management on par with new legislation and market requirements.
Christian manages NEPCon’s legality programme and is responsible for developing standards and procedures for providing services related to timber legality and responsible sourcing of timber and paper products.
He is a frequent speaker at events related to legality and often provides training on timber legality for public and private sector organisations, covering topics such as EU FLEGT, EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act, due diligence systems and procurement policies.
He has worked in many regions of the world and spent 8 years based in Southeast Asia working with forestry and forest certification.
Christian joined NEPCon in 2011.
We work closely with the industry around sustainability solutions of high quality and integrity for the rapidly changing timber market. Assuring timber legality is an important part of responsible sourcing practices – and we encourage our clients to move beyond legality by integrating our services into a single streamlined framework.
- Timber legality assurance and related due diligence systems, risk assesments and supply chain verification
- EU Timber Regulation, US Lacey Act and other legislative and policy developments with the aim of excluding illegal timber from specific markets such as the EU FLEGT programme
- Public and private procurement
- Supply chain management
- FSC Forest Management and Chain of Custody certification
- Capacity building
- MSc in Forestry
- Countries worked in: Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
- Languages spoken: Danish and English