Igor works as a Forest Management and Chain of Custody Auditor for NEPCon in Ukraine.
Igor has more than 30 years working in the Ukrainian Forestry Research Institute in various capacities, from the junior researcher to the first deputy director on science. As an expert or consultant Igor took part in numerous projects centred on forest inventory and monitoring (including carbon inventory issues), national forest policy, legislative issues of forest management, forest certification, climate change and nature conservation, promotion of sustainable forest management”.
Igor has been working as a local expert on FSC certification and auditing in Ukraine since 2000.
Igor graduated from the Forestry Faculty of Ukrainian Agricultural Academy in Kiev and Forest Management Postgraduate Study from the Ukrainian Forestry Research Institute in Kharkiv.
Igor joined NEPCon in 2017.
Many years I conducted research related to issues of sustainable forestry and found in the collaboration with NEPCon an ample opportunity for the practical promotion and support of sustainable forest management, which is very important for harmonious development of society and nature.”
- MA and PhD in Forest Management
- Participation in national/international projects devoted to sustainable forest management, forest certification, monitoring, climate change and biodiversity
- Participation in the development of drafts national forestry legislation and National FSC Standard for Ukraine
- Experience in preparing forestry enterprises for FSC certification, co-author of “Certification of Forestry Enterprise: Practical Manual” and “Recommendations of Forest Certification for Forestry Enterprises”
- Languages: Ukrainian, English and Russian