Do you have experience from the timber industry, forestry, agriculture or environmental field? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our activities and services in Spain are growing, and we are therefore seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, PEFC™, Rainforest Alliance Agriculture Standard and others). Your job as Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied.
- University degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, agricultural, environmental management or related field.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in environmental, forestry, timber, forest products industry, or agriculture.
- Desired professional background: Previous knowledge about auditing, preferably FSC®/PEFC™. Potentially in agriculture certification schemes (Rainforest Alliance Agriculture Standard, Global Gap or similar)
- Fluency in Spanish, English (our organisational language) as well as French (part of our client portfolio is in France). Portuguese language skills an advantage.
- B-category driver’s license
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role. Ready to travel within the region especially between Portugal, France and Spain.
- You are ready to work independently (from home office) and being a part of an international team with line manager in another country.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package and have good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: Spain
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: 1 January 2020
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 14th November 2019 via the NEPCon website: https://www.nepcon.org/careers/
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Spain will be considered. NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Emina Rossatty, Senior HR Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org