Freddy oversees all activities and tasks and leads NEPCon Assurance in South America. He also provides support to other teams in identifying new market opportunities for our services.
He is responsible for developing, implementing and managing our marketing strategy for all services in this region. He also supervises all administrative and legal activities in NEPCon’s Bolivia and Peru legal entities. Freddy is NEPCon’s representative in South America as he is tasked with broadening our exposure to new markets.
Freddy is an experienced forestry engineer specialising in environmental management. He has 23 years of experience in forest management certification. He started his career as a coordinator for a local initiative in Bolivia, focusing on FSC certification from 1995 to 1997. Thereafter, he worked at Rainforest Alliance until October 2018.
Freddy is a lead FSC auditor with ISO 14001 accreditation. He has extensive international exposure having worked as a lead auditor in Argentina, Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, Peru and Mexico. He is also a leading FSC Forest Management trainer.
Freddy joined NEPCon in 2018.
Working as an FSC auditor, I learned that certification is a powerful tool to motivate and provoke positive changes for protecting natural resources and people's lives. It is motivating to see some certified companies making changes in the way of conducting business as they strive to build environmental and social capital. My personal and professional goal is to continue working and contributing so that this change is growing, and I think that NEPCon offers me this opportunity.
- FSC Forest Management auditing
- FSC CoC technical support/expertise
- Widely knowledgeable in the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard and certification schemes
- Widely knowledgeable in Sustainable Tourism certification scheme
- Experience in managing complaints and disputes related to certification schemes
- Countries worked in: Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Perú, Colombia, Ecuador, México, Uruguay.
- Languages spoken: Spanish and English