NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
To support our international training services as well as internal development of our staff, our training department arranges courses with participants from all over the world. The training department also assists the NEPCon organisation internally when training needs arise on an ad-hoc basis.
The Training Assistant is a key player in assisting the Training Coordinator in coordinating and handling practical issues related to the preparation and administration of our training services. The Training Assistant is point of contact and communicates with the participants prior to the course, arranges the venue, and assists in the follow-up evaluations. The position is multi-faceted and varied, but your primary tasks will be:
- Coordinating and handling practical issues related to our training services (e.g. registration of participants, arranging the venue, printing training material, monitoring invoicing process, issuing training certificates)
- Data entry and upload of required records into Salesforce database
- Communicating with course participants
- Maintaining the Training section of the NEPCon website
- Managing our online training platform
- Creating and reporting on web-based training evaluation surveys
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks related to training services
- We imagine you have a higher education in a relevant field, e.g. hospitality, communications, public relations, administration or any other related field which would be a good foundation for this role.
- You preferably have previous experience from a similar position, e.g. conference or event coordination, training/educational administration, or the like.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. Other language skills are considered an asset.
- You are a confident communicator in an international environment, both in formal and informal settings.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package and have a good understanding of administrative IT systems in general.
- You are a service minded team-player, who likes to assist and help where needed.
- You are a reliable person who takes responsibility for your work tasks.
- You can handle a hectic work environment with often changing and tight deadlines.
- You thrive with administrative work tasks, and always have the overview of ongoing events and tasks.
- You have an interest in and an open attitude towards other cultures.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- The position is a maternity leave replacement until the end of December 2019. Depending on circumstances, extension may be possible.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in either Estonia (Tartu) or Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur).
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International travel opportunities
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 24 February 2019 via the form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.