Do you have experience from forestry or the timber / forest products industry? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 240+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our activities and services in Ukraine are growing, and we are therefore seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, SBP and others). Your job as Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied.
- University degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in forestry, timber or forest products industry.
- Fluency in Ukrainian as well as English (our organisational language) is essential. Russian language skills an advantage.
- Own car, as it is needed for client visits.
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package and have good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- You are comfortable with your line manager being located in a different country, and comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: From home office in Ukraine (note that NEPCon does not have an office in Ukraine)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 29 September 2019 via the application form below.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Ukraine will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Asko Lust, Deputy Director of Traceability Europe & Russia, tel.: +372 556 53 894, email: alust(at)nepcon.org
Olesya Kaspruk, Representative of NEPCon in Ukraine, tel.: +380 503 703 104, email: okaspruk(at)nepcon.org