Do you have experience from the forestry or forest product industry? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our activities and services in Slovakia are growing, and we are therefore seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in international sustainability standards like FSC® and PEFC. Your job as Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will mainly work as Traceability (Chain of Custody) Auditor in Slovakia, and to some extent also in the Czech Republic, but there is also a potential to work with Forest Management audits in the future.
- University degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, geography, ecology or related field.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in the forestry or forest product sector.
- Fluency in Slovak and/or Czech, as well as fluency in English (our organisational language).
- Prior experience with auditing to FSC/PEFC standards will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with sales will be considered an advantage, but is not a requirement.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package and have good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- Own car, as it is needed for client visits.
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide and to neighbouring countries as part of your job role.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You pay attention to detail and have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You are comfortable with your line manager being located in a different country, and with communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: From home office in Slovakia, preferably in the Western part of the country. Note that NEPCon does not have an office in Slovakia.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 24 December 2019 via the application form below.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Slovakia will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact:
Christina Lillebæk, Deputy Director of Traceability Europe & Russia, email: chlillebaek(at)nepcon.org
Michal Rezek, Deputy Director of Market Development, tel.: +420 736 533 137, email: mrezek(at)nepcon.org