COVID-19 UPDATE: In consideration of the escalating situation related to COVID-19 outbreak, NEPCon has decided to postpone all recruitment process until further notice. In the meantime, if you fit the bill, we still encourage you to apply using the registration form. We will contact you when we resume our recruitment process. Check out this page from time to time for updated information.
Do you have experience from the forestry, timber or forest product industry? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Our activities and services in Romania are growing, and we are therefore seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in international sustainability standards like FSC® , PEFC and the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard.
Your job as Traceability (Chain of Custody) Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will mainly work as Auditor in Romania.
Other responsibilities include handling administrative tasks and task management, as well as supporting market development for NEPCon certification services in Romania under the guidance of our local Market Development Representative.
- University degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, geography, environmental studies or related field.
- 2-3 years’ work experience from the forestry, timber or forest product sector.
- Prior experience with auditing to FSC or PEFC, will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in Romanian as well as English (our organisational language), both spoken and written. German or Hungarian language skills will be considered an additional asset.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- Own car will be useful for client visits but is not a requirement.
- You are able and willing to travel nationwide and to neighbouring countries as part of your job role.
- You pay attention to detail and have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are at ease with your line manager being located in a different country, and with communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: our office in Cluj, Romania.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by April 24th 2020 via the application form below.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Romania will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Christina Lillebæk, Deputy Director of Traceability Europe & Russia, +45 3155 2543, firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Alexandru Orban, Romanian Market Development Representative, +40 742 032 081, email@example.com