Do you have experience from the forestry, timber or forest product industry? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking two new team members for our Polish office, to be trained in our internal training programme to become auditors in international sustainability standards like FSC® and PEFC.
Your job as Traceability (Chain of Custody) Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied.
- There are two ways to fulfil the essential professional requirements for this position:
EITHER a vocational education within the timber processing/trading industry or forestry sector, and at least 4 years of work experience from those sectors;
OR a university degree (BSc or MSc) in forestry, biology, geography, environmental studies or related field, plus at least 2 years of work experience from the forestry, timber or forest product sector.
- Prior experience with auditing to FSC, PEFC or agriculture standards will be considered an advantage, but is not a requirement as training will be provided.
- Fluency in Polish and English (our organisational language), both spoken and written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- Own car, as this is needed for client visits.
- You are able and willing to travel nationwide, and occasionally internationally, as part of your job role.
- You pay attention to detail and have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are at ease with your line manager being located in a different country, and with communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Working location: From home office in Poland
- The position refers to our Director of Traceability, Europe & Russia (based in Denmark)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 15 December 2019 via the application form below.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Poland will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
Kent Skovgaard, Director of Traceability Europe & Russia, +45 3156 5927, kskovgaard(at)nepcon.org, or
Kinga Sulkowska, Director of NEPCon Poland, +48 697 997 937, ksulkowska(at)nepcon.org