Do you have experience from the timber industry or forest product sector? Are you passionate about sustainability and ready to take up the challenge of ensuring companies comply with environmental standards?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking a new team member to be trained in our internal training programme to become an auditor in various international sustainability standards (e.g. FSC®, PEFC, and others).
Your job as Auditor will be to impartially evaluate whether business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify any non-conformities so they can be remedied. You will be directly involved in all technical and administrative aspects of coordinating and conducting certification evaluations, including scheduling, task management, customer service, and quality control / adherence to NEPCon’s technical and administrative certification protocols.
- Either a university degree in forestry, biology, geography, environmental management or related field,
OR vocational education from the timber processing or timber trading industry.
- At least 4 years’ work experience from the timber processing or timber trading industry. Experience with auditing and/or familiarity with FSC/PEFC CoC or RA SAS standards will be considered an additional asset,
but is not a requirement.
- Fluency in Danish and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license
- You are able and willing to travel within Denmark for approx. 50% of your worktime, as part of your role.
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 37 hours/week
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Aarhus, Denmark, with the possibility to work from home some days of the week.
- The position reports to the Director of Traceability, Europe and Russia, based in Denmark
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 27 August 2020 via the application form below noting that the position will only be filled once the Corona crisis has receded sufficiently.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Denmark will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Kent Skovgaard, Director of Traceability, Europe & Russia, tel.: +45 3156 5927, email: firstname.lastname@example.org