NOTE: This position will be based in Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.
Do you have experience with project development or fundraising in an NGO setting, and do you excel in writing compelling project proposals that secure funding? Would you like to use your skills and knowledge to work in an organisation that develops solutions for safeguarding our planet’s natural resources and tackling climate change?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 250+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently looking for a Project Development Specialist to assist our Project Development Manager in implementing NEPCon’s fundraising strategy in order to secure external funding for development projects.
In the role of Project Development Specialist you will, in coordination with the Manager, be responsible for the development of project concepts, ensuring that project activities and expected results meet with the funder’s objectives as well as the overall mission and goals of NEPCon, and are aligned with NEPCon’s programme area, services, and other ongoing projects. In addition, you will be overall responsible for writing and submitting funding proposals, coordinating with other NEPCon staff members to ensure technical accuracy.
- Master’s degree in international development, non-profit administration, forestry, agriculture, or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience with project development or fundraising in an NGO, incl. project design and proposal writing for projects in developing countries. It is a plus if you also have specific experience in the areas of sustainability, conservation and climate change.
- Full professional proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is essential for this position. Professional proficiency in Spanish or French will be considered a strong advantage.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to transform technical information into a compelling story.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Prince II or other relevant project management certificate will be considered an asset.
- You have an outgoing personality and are good at communicating with people on all levels inside and outside of the organisation (NEPCon staff and management, international partners, stakeholders, etc.).
- You have strong time/process management skills and are able to establish priorities and work to deadlines.
- You are proactive and self-motivated in your work, and you are comfortable making independent decisions.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You are comfortable with your line manager and immediate colleagues being located in a different country to you.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Project Development Manager, based in Denmark
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Estonia (Tartu), Latvia (Riga) or Lithuania (Vilnius), or from home office in one of these countries
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 15 December 2019 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Katie Miller, Project Development Manager, kmiller(at)nepcon.org, +45 3155 2536.