Do you care for the planet, the people, the climate and all the living creatures? Can you hire, develop and motivate a multicultural team of passionate staff? Do you enjoy working with systems and administration of staff?Do you love supporting people to grow and develop? Are you a great communicator that can relate to and talk with staff of all levels and cultures in a direct yet sensitive way? Then you may be just the person we are looking for to be our new HR specialist! As such, you would be primarily supporting our Europe and East European region, but with global support and as part of a fast developing international non-profit organisation with over 260 staff, working in almost 100 countries, with 26 legal entities and still growing strong and fast. Last year alone we hired 60 people globally of which the Europe region (YOUR job) hired over half.
We currently have a Global HR team of 6 located in Canada, Guatemala, Indonesia, Denmark and Kenya, and headed by our HR Manager based in Malaysia. We are looking for one more HR specialist stationed in Baltics or East Europe to replace our Danish Specialist who has recently left.
As a HR specialist in NEPCon, you will:
- Support recruitment efforts including engaging with ‘Hiring Managers’ to develop Terms of Reference, obtain the necessary management approvals, make and post job announcements, screen candidates, arrange for, and support, the interview and hiring process, participate in onboarding, obtaining necessary employee documents, retaining documents as required. Expect recruitment to take up a significant part of your time, around 60%
- Participate in developing our staff through direct interaction and active input in our various staff development initiatives
- Provide input to maintain and develop local HR policies and procedures in line with local labour laws.
- Provide administrative support throughout the full employee life cycle for assigned staff in this region.
- Support onboarding and deboarding process in coordination with the HR Manager and the line manager for the staff.
- Perform benefits administration including claims resolution, change reporting, provider relations.
- Work with the HR Manager and the HR team to develop our HR standards and systems in an organisation that emphasises trust, accountability and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned.
We imagine that you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources management or a related field. You have 5+ years of experience with HR processes, HR administration and staff development. In addition to this:
- You are a fluent English speaker (written and spoken). Other languages of course an advantage.
- You have knowledge of labour law in general and can quickly learn and understand country specific legislation.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast
- You must highly organized so you can become our organisational anchor point in our HR unit.
- A plus if you have experience as a trainer and training development
- You are committed to integrity, openness and good governance.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions.
- You have good communication skills working with colleagues from other departments, our staff in many different countries, as well as people from outside the organisation.
- You are prepared to travel as needed (probably less than 10% of your time)
- You have an excellent sense of humour.
- You know the importance of confidentiality in HR
- Are a good communicator and can interact with people of many cultures
- You are responsive and punctual
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: Full-time position
- The position reports to our HR Manager, based in Kuala Lumpur
- Working location: Any of our offices in Eastern Europe
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: As soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- International travel opportunities
- All employees are members of the organisation and can contribute to the overall development of NEPCon by discussing and voting at the annual General Assembly.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and detailed letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 13th August 2020 via the application form below.
Please note : Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Please note : Responses will be sent after the closing date for applications.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Chris Schriver, NEPCon HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or skype christianschriver