Would you like to join a market leading international organisation that ensures responsible use of natural resources worldwide?
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
A recent acquisition of Rainforest Alliance’s certification unit has expanded NEPCon’s geographical coverage to include also North America, Latin America, Africa and all of Asia. Our organisation and our activities are growing, and in this context, we are looking for a Coordinator, Supply Chains to be based in the Midwest United States (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin), Texas, Tennessee, or New York.
The Coordinator, Supply Chains will coordinate and manage the execution of NEPCon CoC certification services for a subset of existing NEPCon clients in the US and Canada. S/he will be directly involved in all aspects of CoC certification audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control. The CoC coordinator will also be expected to participate in projects as an auditor.
The position is multi-faceted and includes:
- Under supervision of the CoC Associate, manage the execution of CoC audits in the US to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalize reports for approval;
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits;
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables
- In coordination with the CoC Associate, provide customer service to current and potential clients to include, but is not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use;
- Develop strong expertise in NEPCon and FSC CoC policies and protocols;
- Act as primary point of contact in CoC client correspondence and responding to inquiries relating to CoC certification;
- Provide monthly expense and progress reports to the CoC Associate;
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
- Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC and other NEPCon databases services);
- Provide certification administration services support for clients in the region;
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned;Professional requirements
- Bachelors’ degree required, concentration in Forest Products, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience, preferably in forest product industry, forestry, paper and print industry or related field;
- Environment management system auditor training experience preferred;
- Knowledge of NEPCon certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation skills
- Fluency in English required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills; and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
On top of that:
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and have the ability to maintain structure in the office.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead on practicalities.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you are good at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Associate, Supply Chains
- Working location: Home-based/Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Tennessee or New York
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience (Entry-Level)
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time; and
- Valid driver’s license
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application including salary expectations, by 15 May 2019 via the application form below.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Linsey Burns, lburns(at)nepcon.org.