Are you looking to apply your growing corporate client, civil society and media communications skills to working deeply in a sustainability focused, international not-for-profit organisation that is seeking to foster social and environmental change? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for.
NOTE: This position will be based in Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania.
NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 240+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
As Client Communications Specialist in NEPCon you will be a key member of our Market Development and Communications teams, reporting to the Market Development Director. Your role will be to implement a wide range of client-centred activities across the organisation. You will build and deepen your skills in client and account services, as well as in communicating about sustainability with a variety of customer audiences.
To be considered for this position, you must have prior experience in client or account relations and very strong communication skills. You are someone who feels at home in an international organisation where sustainability is at the forefront of the mission, and you are looking forward to thriving professionally and personally with a diverse team of experts in a global environment. You are excited to work with businesses who are implementing sustainable land use and good natural resource management, in industries such as forest products, agribusiness, energy and fuels, tourism and other business segments.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
Client Relationship Coordination
- Design and maintain training modules and other materials focused on improving client relations within the organisation.
- Develop and support guidelines for managing regular client communications (including risk communications), both globally and in local offices.
- Instruct and support account/client managers in the implementation of a programme to improve the customer experience.
- Develop measurements of client experiences, and monitor and analyse them via surveys of clients or other methods of collection, and report regularly on progress.
- Monitor general client inquiries and make improvements as needed to existing systems for how clients first contact the organisation.
- Create and roll out a recognition programme for clients.
- Develop and support protocols for improving client relationships utilising Key Account Management frameworks and rapid response communications.
- Implement regular client communications using email marketing tools, and monitor the performance of these emails, while also supporting local staff in translating and disseminating email campaigns appropriately for local audiences.
- Develop and maintain client-facing materials such as fact sheets, guidelines and presentations, in collaboration with other teams and other Communications team members.
- Work closely with staff to identify client case studies or stories that could be repurposed for use in communications channels.
- Provide communications support to the service and communications teams in marketing, outreach and client training events, including development of placement articles in external channels, production of PR materials and promotion of the events in appropriate channels.
- Collaborate with service teams and other Communications Team members to ensure the service webpages and related sections on the website are up-to-date and relevant.
- Provide communications assistance to promote our services by strengthening our online profiles including social media campaigns and Google Ads, etc.
- Maintain photo and video library for promotional purposes.
- Provide support to other communications activities when needed.
- Ideally a university degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or other relevant field.
- 3-6 years of experience from a role primarily focused on client or customer relations, account management or support, or external communications. Previous experience working in the certification, environmental or developmental sectors will be considered an advantage.
- Proficient in social media platforms and Google Ads.
- Experience with survey and/or email marketing tools an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential. Proficiency in EU or Asian languages is an asset.
- Experienced and confident writer in English, with the ability to convey technical information in high quality communications materials.
- Ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- You have strong time/process management skills and the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- You have self-motivation and flexibility to deal with a range complex programmes and projects in a growing organisation.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Market Development Director, based in the UK
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Estonia (Tartu), Latvia (Riga) or Lithuania (Vilnius), or working from home office in one of these countries.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 22 September 2019 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Adam Grant, Market Development Director, email: agrant(at)nepcon.org, tel.: +44 7490 868 989.