NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently looking for a passionate colleague with sustainable agriculture certification auditing background.
As an Agriculture Certification Specialist, you will conduct certification audits and assessments for RA SAS certification in East Asia region. You will also manage the RA SAS certification process for a subset of NEPCon clients in the region and provide customer service, report reviews, quality control.
The task in this position are multi-faceted and some of them will be:
- Conduct certification services, including assessments and annual audits for NEPCon clients, including on-site visits to clients operation facilities in East Asia region;
- Conduct desk audits;
- Manage all travel arrangements to conduct the assigned fieldwork;
- Write audit/assessment reports based on audit findings;
- Communicate with clients and NEPCon staff in preparation and finalization of audit engagements;
- Develop strong expertise in sustainable agriculture certification standards, policies, and protocols;
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system
- Manage the execution of RA agriculture assessments and audits for a portfolio of clients to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, report review, liaison with client and finalization of reports for approval;
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits;
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to NEPCon technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Receive, process and file forms, conduct data entry and other information for a full range of certification services
- In coordination with NEPCon Staff, provide customer service to current and potential NEPCon clients to include (but is not limited to) providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and logo use; and
- Other duties as assigned.
We imagine that you have a university level education as Agronomic Engineer, Agronomic or Agriculture Technician, Biologist or a degree in Agribusiness. On top of that, you have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a field related to this position, ideally from tea, coffee or agriculture industry.
In addition to this,
- You are a native Chinese speaker, you have very good verbal and written communication skills in English (our organisational language).
- You have previous auditing experience and/or ISO training.
- Background or interest in environmental conservation preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture certification is a plus.
- You are proficient user of MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, databases, and Internet literacy.
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast
- Previous experience with auditing and international experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organise and manage yourself and your time, as well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with certification standards.
- You are an open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks in a time sensitive manner.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You have knowledge of and commitment to environmental and socio-economic issues and sustainability practices.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- You are willing and able to travel internationally as part of your job role.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Regional Manager, East Asia
- Working location: NEPCon’s Beijing office, or working from home upon agreement
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 28 February via the application form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Kristin Stevani Wowor, HR Specialist