Chloé provides advisory services to a global portfolio of clients in the timber sector and beyond to support them in sourcing legal and responsible wood sources. This includes delivering risk assessment and mitigation activities, to meet the EU Timber Regulation (EUTR) and sustainability criteria
Chloé provides timber legality and sustainability advice and support for due diligence and supply chain risk assessment. She also facilitates training and capacity-building activities.
She began her career by monitoring a project at the forest management level in Côte d'Ivoire. She has worked with forest government agencies, private concession-holders, local communities and NGOs to foster stronger compliance with legal and technical norms. Chloe has experience providing relevant stakeholders with in-depth analysis, remediation action proposals as well as training and capacity-building. She has been involved in drafting various timber related regulations and policies.
Chloé studied Political Science and Law at Sciences Po Paris, where she focused on International Environmental Law, public policies and cooperation.
Chloé joined NEPCon in 2019.
Protecting forests and the climate is a crucial challenge that requires common and coordinated efforts. I particularly enjoy encouraging change through enhancing capacity, understanding and commitment within the international timber trade sector.
- Due diligence systems, risk assessments and supply chain verification and management
- Timber legality: EUTR & LegalSource assessor
- ResponsibleSource assessor
- Tropical forest management
- Forest-related national and international policies (EU-FLEGT programme)
- MA International Public Management
- Countries worked in: France, Côte d’Ivoire, Austria, Congo, India
- Languages: French, English, Spanish